Nestled in the foot of the Alps, on the beautiful Salzach River, lies the picturesque city of Salzburg. As if designed specifically for picture postcard images, the entirety of this charming city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is the home of stunning views, and quaint streets. It also enjoys the reputation of being the epitome of Austrian hospitality, is the birthplace of Mozart, the setting of The Sound of Music, and so much more.
This full-day excursion begins with a two-hour train journey with fantastic views from Munich Hauptbahnhof. After we arrive in Salzburg, we’ll lead you on a 2.5-hour orientation walking tour of the old town center, taking in some of the most beautiful and historic sites the city has to offer.
From there you’ll have time to explore the city on your own. Whether you choose to visit the Mozart museum, take in the Hohensalzburg Fortress, or try an authentic Sachertorte (delicious chocolate cake!), we’ll be waiting to bring you back to Munich, returning at approximately 7pm.
- Transportation fees
This full-day tour includes:
- A stroll along the picturesque Salzach River
- The Mirabell Palace Gardens, home to famous scenes from the Sound of Music
- The site of Mozart’s birthplace
- The cemetery and church of St Peter, one of the oldest monasteries in Germanic lands
- The Old Market, dating back to the 13th century, where weekly markets still take place
- The Sound of Music church, where Maria and Captain von Trapp were married
- The stunning Salzburg Cathedral, where Mozart was baptised
- Train tickets to and from Munich
… and much more!